As part of Volunteer Week celebrations, Third Sector D&G
asked us some questions about our service.
Dumfries and Galloway Befriending Project
2. How many volunteers do you have?
We have 75 Befrienders and 6 Trustees who are all volunteers.
3. What roles do they have?
All our Befrienders support young people 8-18 years who are going through a difficult patch in their life for variety of reasons. The support is primarily through one-to-one befriending with many group activities also arranged.
4. What made your organisation decide to take on volunteers?
Our early intervention service benefits from Befrienders being volunteers as the young people know they really care about them – and not supporting them for money or because it is their job.
5. What impact have volunteers had on your organisation?
Massive impact! Without our wonderful, fully trained volunteers – of all ages and backgrounds – there would be no Befriending Project.
6. What positive impact has your organisation had on volunteers?
Many talk of a sense of achievement and giving something back – at the same time as having fun and the young person keeping them young!
7. What makes a great volunteer?
Someone who is caring, friendly, reliable and can offer a couple of hours a week to make a real difference to a young person’s life.
8. What makes somewhere a great place to volunteer?
Very supportive, friendly and available staff – and the Befriending Project has it all!
9. What would you say to a potential volunteer still unsure about taking that step?
Please get in touch for an informal chat and to find out what’s involved. You can make a difference and enjoy the experience too. No obligation – but come and join us!
10. What would you like to say to volunteers for Volunteers Week?
Thank you, thank you, thank you. The organisations appreciate all that you do – but not near as much as the people you selflessly help.
If you would like more information on us please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call 01387 247812.
To see more on Third Sector D&G click the link or email firstname.lastname@example.org